Ringling College Lifelong Learning Academy Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in teaching a course at the Ringling College Lifelong Learning Academy (RCLLA). Your proposal will be submitted to the Curriculum Committee for consideration. The Curriculum Committee is comprised of RCLLA staff and volunteers, who are each responsible for various topic areas. The criteria for selection of courses includes: anticipated student interest, balance with other course offerings, Instructor qualifications, and a fit within the constraints of scheduling, space and finances. First-time Instructors will be contacted by a member of the Curriculum Committee to schedule an interview. The benefits of being an RCLLA Instructor are:
- A stipend of $25 per session ($200 for an eight-week class; $150 for a six-week class, etc.);
- Free courses for you (and your significant other) for one year, starting in the quarter in which you’re teaching, on a space-available basis;
- Free copying of handout materials as needed for your classes;
- And, the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with eager adult learners!
- Proposal deadline: Friday, November 4, 2016
- Classes: Monday, May 8 – Friday, June 30, 2017
- No classes: Mon, May 15, Presidents’ Commencement Holiday & Mon, May 29, Memorial Day; 8-week classes will not be scheduled on Mondays
- Proposal deadline: Friday, April 14, 2017
- Classes: Monday, September 25 – Friday, November 17, 2017
- Proposal deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017
- Classes: Monday, January 8 – Friday, March 2, 2018
- No class: Monday, January 15, 2018
- Proposal deadline: Friday, Sept. 8, 2017
- Classes: Monday, March 5 – Friday, April 27, 2018
Note: Fridays are primarily for Workshop sessions.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by email.